Author Topic: Returning player looking for guild.  (Read 2671 times)

Pakz

• Guild Members
    • View Profile
Returning player looking for guild.
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:42:40 AM »
Hi all, I am an Aussie(Melb) considering returning to WoW, looking for an active raiding guild. Are you guys still around and actively raiding?

Felinae

• Officers
  • Moonkin for Life
    • View Profile
Re: Returning player looking for guild.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »
Yes, we are still around and raiding (in fact tonight is a raid night). In case it isn't immediately obvious, we have moved from Proudmoore to Aman'Thul about 12 months ago, Alliance side.

Look for Felinae, Jezray or Jemea online.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

L110 BOOMkin - The most fun you can have with your pants on!
Felinae * Silence * Feles * Jadelotus* Tsarina * Kinbaku * Gidget * Felesbene * Felesmala

Pakz

• Guild Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 11:33:54 AM »
  Hi Felinae, thanks for your reply.

I am also happy to submit a proper app form, just figured I would see if you guys were still active first. Your current published raid schedule is Thu and Sun, assuming that is still the same, I should be able to make most/all raids. I would be looking to be a 'Core Raider'.

A little about me, I started playing Everquest late '99 and played for about 6 years, I have been playing MMORPGs ever since including, Everquest II, Aion, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2 and of course World of Warcraft.

I have raided extensively in Everquest and Vanguard, I have had stints at being Raid Leader and MT in major raiding guilds, just looking to be a member here not part of the leadership though.

WoW, I started playing shortly after release, I have played on and off since, I skipped WOTLK due to RL circumstances but have played all of the other expansions extensively, as of their release. I am currently based on Horde Side Uther server. I have all classes at or near level 100. (Except Priest) Most have maxed garrisons.

I imagine I would be looking to do a server transfer rather than level a new character. I would, when the time is appropriate, like to discuss what your class needs are from a raiding perspective before deciding what character to transfer. I would be looking to Raid with and Progress the one character.

My WoW raiding experience is limited to LFR as of currently, but I am confident I can pick it up. My PC and net connection are more than adequate and I can setup Teamspeak and deadly boss mods no problems.

I am currently travelling and do not expect to be home for a couple of weeks, and while I can play on my laptop I think I would wait until I was home to start raiding.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,

Fezikk

P.S. I did manage to logon but not until about 11pm and the characters you listed were no longer online, I will try to get on a bit earlier tomorrow and see if I can catch you then.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:03:04 PM by Fezikk »

Felinae

• Officers
  • Moonkin for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 09:47:10 AM »
The best way to be sure to find on of us is to log on around raid time, otherwise it's a bit erratic who's on. The closer we get to Christmas the worse that will get.

As far as what character types are we looking for - while we have some gaps in the roster at present, I have found that if people are not playing a character they love they don't tend to stick around - so which classes/roles do you enjoy? I can tell you which ones we could make the best use of.

Felinae * Silence * Feles * Jadelotus* Tsarina * Kinbaku * Gidget * Felesbene * Felesmala

Felinae

• Officers
  • Moonkin for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »
Problems accessing the guild forums:

The timeout issue is linked to a cache/cookies bug, we haven't been able to find the cause of it and will probably need to blow away and rebuild the forums to resolve it.

A temporary work around which has worked for some members is to:

Clear all ocguild.org cookies and cache entries form your browser, exit your browser. Reopen your browser, log out, clear any new ocguild.org cache or cookies entries. Log back in for 1 hour only (not forever). Log in when you plan to use the forums, don't leave it logged in. If that doesn't work, it may work with a different browser if you have one installed. Good luck.

Pakz

• Guild Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 01:53:07 PM »
Thanks Felinae,

I will try to get on Sun night to have a chat.

Your point about classes is well taken.  I have enjoyed most classes in WoW, each has something to offer.  I will list in order of my preference the classes and roles I would be happy to play.

1.  Paladin - DPS
2.  Druid - Feral DPS
3.  Monk - DPS
4.  Paladin - Heal
5.  Druid - Caster DPS
6.  Paladin - Tank
7.  Monk - Tank
8.  Druid - Tank
9.  Druid - Heal
10. Monk - Heal

If none of these are a good fit, there are other options that can be considered.

Pakz

• Guild Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »
Thanks for the info on the timeout issue, I have also had luck by using firefox instead of IE or Safari, so far so good.

Sandors

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »
Are you guys going to recreate this guild in Classic?

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 26 queries.